Amendments in LMPC Rule , 2021
The below amendments shall come into force on the 1st day of April, 2022.
The Department of Consumer Affairs has issued the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Amendment Rules, 2021 which are as follows:
1. When one or more packages intended for retail sale are grouped together for being sold as a retail package on promotional offer, every package of the group shall comply with the procedure prescribed in the amendment for declaring unit sale price in the package.
2. The rule 5 pertaining to Specific commodities to be packed and sold in recommended standard packages is omitted.
3. The Government has now mandated that declaration of maximum retail price (MRP) in Indian currency inclusive of all taxes on pre-packed commodities and date of manufacture.
4. The provisions of declarations of MRP have been simplified by removing illustration and providing for making the mandatory declaration of MRP in Indian currency inclusive of all taxes.
5. A new provision has been introduced to indicate the unit sale price on pre packed commodities, which will allow easier comparison of the prices of the commodities at the time of purchase. This has allowed the manufacturer, packer and importer to declare the MRP on the pre packed commodities in a simplified manner.