What is BIS-CRS certification?
BIS -CRS certificate is issued to the Indian and foreign manufacturer for IT and Electronic products after the notice of the BIS department over the safety test done as per the Indian standard.
If manufacturers, Importers and sellers operates in the Indian market without a BIS license, they will be punished under the BIS Act.
BIS Registration/CRS Certificate is granted only after successfully passed all safety test with the necessary documents and product, required by the BIS officers.
Cargosite Ventures Pvt. Ltd. provides an experienced service to foreign Manufacturers and Indian Manufacturers/Importers/Sellers for BIS Registration at a low cost and short time, who are willing to sell their IT & Electronic products in India.
We assist manufacturers in completing documentation, testing and all the formalities related to BIS Registration. Get BIS Registration / BIS Certificate, become BIS certified, and please contact us: Cargosite Ventures Pvt. Ltd., Phone: +91-11-41192200, Mobile no: +91-9811803136, +91-7290000637, Mail-: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
What are the benefits of BIS CRS?
- It enables to do manufacturer, Importer/and do sales of product that fall under CRS-scheme.
- It provides the safeguard to the public health.
- It provides the quality assurance of the product.
- It protects the consumer from dangerous products.
- It also increases the confidence among the customers.
List of product that require BIS CRS
Foreign/Indian manufacturers, Importer and resellers who deal in identified 77 IT and Electronics products Product list are required obtain BIS-CRS registration.
Click Here to View/Download list of products that require BIS CRS Certificate.
There is total 9 step process to get BIS Certificate
Documents for certification
1. Lab Test Documents
- User Manual/ Technical sheet of Product
- PCB Layout of Product
- Critical Components List
- Schematic Diagram
2. Application / Factory Documents & Information
Self-certified copy of any one of following documents establishing the firm:
- Registration with State Government Authority/ Trade Licence OR
- Certificate of Registration issued by Company Registrar OR
- Registered Partnership Deed in case applicant is a Partnership Firm OR
- Certificate from a Chartered Accountant if applicant is a Proprietorship firm.
3. Self-attested copy of any one of following documents authenticating the Firm's premises (not older than 3 months) :
- Registration with State Government Authority/ Trade Licences OR
- Sales Tax/ VAT registration OR
- Income Tax Assessment Order OR
- Insurance Policy OR
- Property tax receipt OR
- Rent agreement with last rent receipt OR Sale/ Lease Deed agreement OR
- Electricity Bill OR
- Telephone Bill OR
- Water Bill OR
- Gas connection OR
- Bank Statement/Pass Book containing the address of the sales outlet.
4. Any one of following documents as identity proof of signatory on the application:
- Aadhar Card OR
- Driving Licence OR
- PAN card OR
- Voter Identity card OR
- Passport OR
- Photo Bank ATM card OR
- Photo Credit card OR
- CGHS/ECHS photocard
- Arms licence OR
- Identity Certificate with photo issued by Gazetted Officer on official letterhead OR
- Disability ID card/ Handicapped Medical Certificate issued by State Govts OR
- Freedom Fighter photo card OR
- Pensioner photo card OR
- Ration/PDS photo pard OR
- Photo ID issued by recognized educational institution OR
- Kissan Photo PassBook OR
5. The additional documentation required to be submitted with the application are:
- Agreement on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs 100/- in the prescribed format.
- Location map of premises from some nearest prominent landmark.
Costing, Timeline and Validity
For BIS Testing: 5-10 Working Days
For new application: 20-25 Working days
For Inclusion application: 15-20 Working days
For Renewal Application: 2-3 Working days
Lead time will start from the date of receipt required information and documents.
Validity and Renewal
BIS-CRS certificate is granted for first time 2 Year, and if after 2 year the Importer/ Manufacturer wants to renew his product then can renew for 2 year - 5 years.
Testing of sample is not required for it.
Format of BIS Certificate
Click Here to View/Download BIS Certificate format.